When your power goes out, these are the functions you typically will need to maintain operations! You can limit circuits to minimize your power requirements and reduce your generator size and costs. So you might not need to install a generator the size of your incoming utility service! Often - the size of the generator to run just critical circuits can be a third of the size of your incoming utility service.- Bowers offers::
- Free - personal assistance from experienced sales engineers to assist in selection and application process
- Several brands to choose from – no need to shop multiple websites
We offer diesel fueled generators
- Top quality USA built products – parts and service support in all major US cities
- Bowers offers after sales parts and service support
- Free troubleshooting and installation assistance (via phone or Email)
- Some of the best warranties in the industry
Contact us today and enjoy a sense of well-being.
If you are a business owner you can rest assured that production and customer service will not be disrupted due to a power outage and that all of your security systems will continue to operate; lighting and other critical systems will be operational.
Don't Wait For The Power Outage - Prepare Now
Steps to take;
- Determine the absolute minimum circuits you must run in an outage
- Talk with a licensed electrician to help size your generator and provide a quote for a "customer supplied generator and automatic transfer switch" (buying direct from Bowers will save you considerably)...electricians can be found in Better Business Bureau Website or National Electric Contractor Association
- Determine fuel storage issues - can you store 24 hours of diesel on site?
- Review our guide on generator installation
SITE PLANNING AND SELECTION
Outdoor, enclosed units:
Choose a site that allows adequate clearance around the unit for ancillary equipment, fuel storage/supply and routine servicing. The site should be level, not subject to flooding and in compliance with local codes and ordinances.
- Our generators are to be installed in a location that minimizes the risk of people coming in contact with hot surfaces. Unless specified otherwise, the maximum ambient operating temperature rating of the unit is 50° C/ 122°F.
Allow adequate clearance for engine radiator air discharge so as not to restrict cooling air flow.
- CAUTION: Allow adequate clearance for engine exhaust discharge, keeping in mind the high temperatures and fumes associated with engine exhaust. Do not direct engine exhaust toward other structures or their air intake means.
CAUTION: Internal combustion engines can produce high noise levels. Choose a location where sound levels during operation will not be objectionable.
CAUTION: In northern climates, provide a suitable means to prevent the accumulation and penetration of blowing snow.
WARNING: Open bottomed stationary engine generator sets must be installed over/on non combustible materials and shall be located such that it prevents the accumulation of combustible materials under or inside the generator set. Provide a suitable means to prevent the accumulation of leaves and debris.
Engine generator sets must be protected from the elements, and be provided with adequate ventilation and cooling air.
Considerations when selecting a room size and location:
The room should be sized to adequately accommodate the unit and all of the ancillary equipment such as fuel supply/storage, starting batteries and charging equipment, cooling and exhaust system components and automatic transfer switch equipment.
Allow a minimum of three feet of clearance on each side and radiator end, and five feet on the end opposite the radiator for servicing
The fuel storage tank for diesel driven units should be located as close as possible to the unit.
Allow for clearance between hot components (such as exhaust system) and combustible materials.
Consult local building/safety codes for specific applicable requirements. Fire rating codes and requirements must be adhered to.
Utilizing a generator set with a unit mounted radiator/cooling system is the most cost effective solution when allowable. However, the room must be situated such that sufficient cooling air can be brought into and exhausted to allow proper cooling of the equipment. Utilizing opposing exterior walls for radiator cooling air supply and radiator discharge is the most effective and cost efficient when possible. Avoid utilizing the same wall for air intake and discharge.
- Verify the load carrying capacity of the floor. Involve a structural engineering firm if in doubt or for applications where an inertia pad similar in Figure 2 in the Appendices cannot be utilized.
See the exhaust system section for pertinent information regarding exhaust system considerations.
- : Make sure there is an adequate source of utility power available to supply the ancillary equipment necessary for support while the gen-set is not in operation (Heaters, Chargers, Etc).
WARNING: Open bottomed stationary engine generator sets must be installed over/on non combustible materials and shall be located such that it prevents the accumulation of combustible materials from accumulating under or inside the generator
We also offer small diesel generators for residential applications
Contact us now and let us assist you in selecting the best diesel generator for your needs!